04 May 2008

First Week Of A Published Writer

Well, its been almost a week since I recieved my first shipment of my first published book "From Behind Blue Eyes." While its been a long process to get everything just so, I am amazed at how well things have taken off for me. Not only have I been able to sell a few copies here and there but I have also gotten out of my funk and started writing again.

Its not an unusualy thing for me, writing, but lately while working on the production processes and trying to figure out marketing stratigies, the urge to write new peices for my next project "Coming Of Age" seemed to slow down to a crawl. Over the last two nights however, my creative funk has been all but shattered. I would like to think that its the praise from family, the support from friends that have gotten me back on track, but its not. I was being able to actully sit down and look back on what it took to make "From Behind Blue Eyes" and how much fun I had working threw the small setbacks that come along with writing that have gotten me going again.

Check back soon, as I do plan to add peices from both projects to this blog from time to time. Also this is going to be the best way for anyone who likes my writings to keep up to date on the coming release of "Coming Of Age."

Blessings,

Mike, the closet writer

No comments: